Bruxelles-Central / Brussel-Centraal, also known as Gare Centrale or Centraal Station, is a major public transport hub in Brussels, 380 metres from the Royal Library of Belgium (KBR).
At the same station, you can also catch a local train, e.g. to reach the centre of Antwerp. Read more about the Belgian rail network.
There is a metro station and several bus stops giving access to the STIB-MIVB public transport network in Brussels.
If you come by car, you will find a number of covered paying car parks lots in the area, e.g.
- Interparking, Albertine-Square, close to the KBR building
- Interparking, Grand Place
- BePark, Parking Gare Centrale Bruxelles
If you need a taxi in Brussels, there are three ways in which you can book or take one:
- by telephoning a call centre;
- by going to a taxi rank e.g rue Infante Isabelle;
- by hailing a taxi in the street by signalling the driver.
List of taxis call centres:
- +32 2 411 41 42 (Autolux)
- +32 2 512 31 23 (Autolux)
- +32 2 268 00 00 (Taxis Bleus)
- +32 2 427 77 77 (Taxi Capital)
- +32 2 349 49 49 (Taxis Verts)
- +32 2 349 43 43 (Taxis Verts)