In order to fulfill our services, we need the personal data of our Members. Personal data is any information related to a natural person, that can be used to directly or indirectly identify the person. It can be anything from a name, an email address, bank details, pictures etc.
We are happy to explain how we handle the personal data of the Member for the sole purpose of offering him/her our services. This according to the transparency obligation within the privacy legislation and in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What data do we store?
We collect the name, mail address, telephone number and email address of our Members. Where appropriate, we collect the name of the institute or business where our Member operates, if it is connected in any way to the field of the history of cartography. We call this ‘the standard data’.
On occasion of events, organised by the Circle, we collect photographs of our participating Members. We call this ‘the occasional data’.
Where do we collect information from?
We collect standard data when you give it to us directly or when it is publicly available. We collect occasional data whenever participants at events send us pictures.
Where do we store these data?
The standard data are collected and stored in a spreadsheet file, created by the Treasurer of the Circle and kept on his computer by him.
Who can you contact with questions? Who is the ‘controller’?
The Brussels Map Circle (vzw/asbl according to Belgian Law) can be regarded as the controller of the privacy legislation. The Brussels Map Circle assumes the responsibilities arising from articles 13 and 14 of the General Data Regulation (GDPR) as controller. To this end the Brussels Map Circle takes the necessary steps to communicate this transparently to the members by means of a privacy statement on the website of the Brussels Map Circle and individual communication to the Members.
- The Brussels Map Circle (asbl/vzw)
- Wolstraat 19 Rue aux Laines
- 1000 Brussels
Purposes for which your personal data will be processed
The administrative processing of your membership and the associated sending of the Circle’s magazine and electronic newsletter, as well as the accounting in said magazine of events organized by the Circle. It is also important to note that pictures showing you on the occasion of an event organized by the Circle and published in the magazine or on our website are included. The personal data will in no case be used for commercial purposes.
Which persons or categories of persons can ‘receive’ your data (view, modify, manage)?
- The Treasurer and Secretary of the Circle can view, modify and manage the standard data
- The Editor and co-Editor of the magazine as well as the Editor of the electronic newsletter and the Webmaster can view, modify and manage the occasional data
- The members of the Executive Committee can view all data
How long will your data be stored?
Your standard data will be kept as long as you stay a Member of the Brussels Map Circle. The occasional data can be kept for as long as is deemed necessary by the Editor.
Rights of the parties involved
- You have the right to inspect the data that we process about you. You can contact the Treasurer for this: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to rectification of information about you
- You have the right to have your data erased
- You have the right to limit the processing of your data
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data
- You have the right to request your data in a readable file in order to transfer this data to another authority (right to data portability)
Right to withdraw permission
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time. The data processed in the period in which you have given your permission will continue to be processed lawfully.
Right to submit complaints to supervisory authority
If you do not agree with the processing of your data, or you have detected violations, you can contact the following:
- Data Protection Authority
- Drukpersstraat 35 Rue de la Presse, 1000 Brussels
- Telephone +32 2 274 48 00
- Fax +32 2 274 48 35
- Email email@example.com
- Website https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/
Legal basis for the processing of your data
The processing of your data is necessary to offer you the services that you can use as a Member of the Brussels Map Circle.
If you choose not to share your information, we cannot perform our services and we can refuse your membership.
Who are we?
Our web site address is: https://imcos2021brussels.org.